You Can Draw
Children love to draw. Each month since 1983, Nature Friend has given children a lesson in art. Sometimes a painting, sometimes in pencil, children enjoy following the instructions to create their own special drawing.
Over the next several weeks, dozens of children submit their drawings for consideration to be published in an upcoming edition of Nature Friend. We choose for publication from all age groups, usually 26 children’s drawings per month.
Rules for submitting artwork
- Use blank white paper without any lines.
- Do not fold drawing but mail it flat, preferably between cardboard for added protection.
- Include your name, age, and address on the back of the picture or on the margin. Print very clearly. Do not write inside the picture.
- Pay attention to the deadline published in the magazine. Be on time or early!
- Address the envelope to You Can Draw a ________. Include the name of the object so we can easily file your submission with the correct month.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope (or $2 in lieu of stamps) if you wish to have your artwork returned.
- You may e-mail scanned art. Please follow these steps:
- Label art with name, age, city and state. (Information appearing only in e-mail will be separated from art and lose usefulness.)
- Crop excessive margins.
- File size should be 3 inches across and 300 d.p.i.
- File name should be the name of the subject drawn, child’s name, child’s age. (Example: Lion-John or Jane Doe 10)
- Format should be a high-resolution jpeg file.
- Send as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject field of e-mail indicate the topic of your drawing.