- Snow trilliums bloom mid-March to early April. This trillium was photographed near Franklin, West Virginia, March 21.
- Sharp-tailed Grouse are displaying on leks.
- View the Sandhill Crane migration in the Platte River Valley in Nebraska.
- Woodcocks are doing their courtship display along our driveway at Nature Friend.
- Skunk cabbage blooms in late winter/early spring.
- Vernal pool fairy shrimp hatch in winter and mature forty-one days later. Look for them in vernal pools (water in winter, dry in summer). A light at night attracts them. They grow one to two inches long. The males can be quite colorful. February-April is the time to look for them here in Virginia.
- Mid-to-late March grizzlies come out of hibernation.
Exploring Nature, March 2022
Help Your Family Explore the Wonders of God's Creation
Full color magazine delivered to your door + digital access. Subscribe now for just $5 a month!
Buy Magazine + Study Guide: $7.50/month