- Ruffed Grouse eggs hatch in Virginia in late May. You may see them cross a forest road, if you drive through their habitat.
- May is peak migration for shorebirds at Cape May, New Jersey.
- The spring caribou migration is underway.
- Largemouth bass spawn when the water temperature reaches 55°-65° F.
- Crappies spawn when the water hits 57° F.
- Alewife Herring are swimming from the ocean up rivers in Maine, to spawn in lakes and ponds.
- Feed hummingbirds. It is fascinating to see a male doing a courtship dance. He zips back and forth in a horseshoe pattern, trying to impress a female.
Exploring Nature, May 2022
Help Your Family Explore the Wonders of God's Creation
Full color magazine delivered to your door + digital access. Subscribe now for just $5 a month!
Buy Magazine + Study Guide: $7.50/month